- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday (June 7) announced that the government will provide free vaccines to all above 18 years of age.
- In a televised address to the nation, PM Modi said those in the age group of 18 and above will be administered free anti-Covid vaccine from June 21.
- In his virtual address to the nation, PM Modi said that the Central government has decided to procure Covid-19 vaccines for everyone aged 18-44 and supply them to states free of cost.
- “No state government will have to spend anything on vaccines. Everyone aged 45 and above was getting free vaccines and now, those aged 18 will also get free vaccines,” he said.
- New Delhi [India], June 8 (ANI): The Centre’s centralized free vaccination policy will kick in on June 21, International Yoga Day, and the government will provide a free COVID-19 vaccine to all Indian citizens above 18 years of age.
The Centre will also handle the 25 percent vaccination with states until now under the liberalized plan announced earlier. He said that the system of 25 percent vaccines being procured directly by the private hospitals will continue. State governments will monitor that only 150 rupees service charge is levied by the private hospitals over the decided price of the vaccines.
While BJP leaders and several chief ministers hailed his announcement, opposition leaders said alleged that the government has repeatedly changed its vaccination policy. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced in a televised address to the nation and said the Centre will procure 75 percent of the total production of the vaccine doses and provide them free to the states. No state government would be spending anything on vaccines.
it is pertinent to note that this decision comes after the strong criticism from the Supreme Court against the ‘liberalized vaccine policy’ of the Centre, as per which states get only 25% of the vaccine quota and the free vaccination benefit of the Central Government is restricted only to those aged above 45 years. BJP chief JP Nadda hailed PM Modi’s announcement that vaccination will be provided free to all above 18 and said the BJP-led government is with every Indian in the fight against COVID-19.
Disclaimer: We Search Information have tried our level best to provide you the correct information but we don’t hold any responsibility for mismatching any information, kindly do cross verify from other authentic resources also.
- Listing categories Healthcare